By: Amy, The Info Mouse Staff Writer
Helllllllloo Disney friends! Welcome to Week 9 of the blog series, Disney Trip Planning 101. If’ you’ve stuck with me so far, THANK YOU! It’s been an exciting adventure, and I’m glad to have you along for the ride If this is your first time reading this series, here are the links to the previous weeks:
- I’m Going to Disney World!!! – Week 1
- Getting Started - Week 2
- Pick my Disney Resort – Week 3
- Poll Results - Week 4
- When to Visit – Week 5
- Disney Wish List - Week 6
- Customized Maps - Week 7
- Deals, Discounts & Promotions – Week 8
This week, I’m super-excited to tell you about the Advanced Dining Reservations for my upcoming trip! Since this is a thread for everyone, noobies and experts alike, I put together a vlog explaining the process of making online dining reservations:
Thanks for watching! I can be kind of corny sometimes, so I appreciate it On to the ressies for my trip! Hubby is going to be surprised by the ADRs (advanced dining reservations) for our trip. We decided that it would be fun to keep the dining reservations a secret from him. So, he’s not going to know where we’re eating until we walk-up to the restaurant. (Hopefully he’s not reading this!) Here are some of the restaurants on our list:
- Via Napoli – I’ve been wanting to try this restaurant, for the pizza, so I made a dinner reservation here. Have any of you eaten here?
- Boma – Hubby and I first tried this restaurant on our honeymoon. We wanted to go to another place, but they had closed early for the night, so we headed back to our resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge.) We decided on a quick notion – hey, let’s try the buffet! They had an opening for the two of us, and we have a fabulous time at the African buffet. I probably wouldn’t have tried it had it not been on a whim, and now I won’t miss it!
- Teppan Edo - We ate here on our last trip and had a great meal along with a great time! Teppan Edo is located in the Japan Pavillion in Epcot’s World Showcase. The hostess seated us with a lovely family from another state, and we all had a great time watching the chef prepare our meals. Akori (I hope I’m spelling that right) was our chef, and he made the experience better than ever! The table next to us had a chef that wasn’t quite as exciting, and they looked like they weren’t having as much fun. Hopefully we’ll get Akori as our chef on this trip!
- Yachtsman Steakhouse – This is one of Hubby’s favorite restaurants on property, and it’s 2 Table Service credits on the regular Dining Plan. This delicious steakhouse is located in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. I really enjoy the Lobster Bisque from this restaurant, but some of you are probably thinking “no way!”
What other restaurant recommendations do you have? Please let me know in the comments section :)